Terms and Conditions of Use.
Please Read these Terms and Conditions of Use and Disclaimers (the"Terms") carefully before using this website. When you use this website you agree to abide by these terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of use, do not use this website.
Acceptance of Terms.
FARBTEK™ is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medical Optics, Inc. This website (known as the "Site") is operated by Medical Optics, Inc. (Medical Optics® ) and comprised of various web pages that represents information about FARBTEK™ products and services. The Site, including all information, tools and services available from and advertised on this Site, offers to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, policies and notices stated herein. Please return to this Site and review these Terms from time to time, as they may be amended without notice to you. Any changes to these Terms will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Terms at the Site. If the revisions are unacceptable to you, you should no longer use this Site.
Accuracy and Completeness of Information.
Neither FARBTEK™ nor Medical Optics® are responsible if information made available on this Site is not accurate, complete or current. The material published on this Site is provided as general FARBTEK™ information only, and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions.
Your Use of the Site.
1) As described on this Site, the FARBTEK™ color anodizing system applies color to the surface of stainless steel surgical instruments, medical equipment and other items. The FARBTEK™ permanent color identification and ID marking methods offered by Medical Optics® include embedded liquid plugs, liquid bands, Data Matrix barcodes and laser engraved items. Though very durable, FARBTEK™ color anodizing is not warranted as a permanent color identification or color accent method for stainless steel items, parts or components to which color anodizing is applied. Specific items to which color anodizing is applied may require special care and specifically recommended cleaning solvents to maintain the applied color for an extended period of time.
For further information about any of the FARBTEK™ color ID marking and anodizing options, please contact Medical Optics® and one of our technology specialists will answer any questions you may have regarding specific applications.
To learn more additional information about Medical Optics®, please visit the Medical Optics® website: www.MedicalOptics.com
2) FARBTEK™ expressly disclaims any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this Site, including without limitation the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose or noninfringement.
3) If you download any material from this Site, you do so at your own discretion and risk. You are responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
4) Neither FARBTEK™ nor Medical Optics® will be liable for any damages or injury that accompany or result from your use of this Site. These include (but are not limited to) damages or injury caused by any:
- use of (or inability to use) this Site,
- use of (or inability to use) any Sites to which you hyperlink from this Site;
- failure of performance,
- error, omission, interruption, defect,
- delay in operation or transmission,
- computer virus or line failure.
5) Keep in mind that we are not liable for any damages, including:
- Damages intended to compensate someone directly for a loss or injury;
- Damages reasonably expected to result from a loss or injury (legally, "consequential damages");
- Other miscellaneous damages and expenses resulting directly from a loss or injury (legally, "incidental damages").
Furthermore, we are not liable even if we've been negligent or if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages – or both.
Limitation of Liability.
In no event and under no legal or equitable theory, whether in tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise, shall FARBTEK™ be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of any use of the information contained herein, including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or computer failure or malfunction. You specifically acknowledge and agree that neither FARBTEK™ and Medical Optics®, nor its employees shall be liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Site. Your sole and exclusive remedy for any of the above claims or any dispute is to discontinue your use of the Site and agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Site must commence within one (1) month after the cause of action accrues or the cause of action is permanently barred.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold FARBTEK™ and Medical Optics® harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising from and related to your use of the Site.
Unless otherwise noted, the graphic images, buttons and text contained in this Site are the exclusive property of FARBTEK™ and Medical Optics®. These items may not be copied, distributed, displayed, reproduced, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise without obtaining prior written permission from Medical Optics®.
This Site features FARBTEK™, Medical Optics® and other logos, brand identities and other trademarks and service marks (collectively, the "Marks") that are the property of, or are licensed to Medical Optics® or its licensors or content providers. All of these Marks are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Mark displayed on this Site without written permission of FARBTEK™, or any such third party that may own a Mark displayed on the Site. FARBTEK™ and Medical Optics® reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and its content. This Site and allof its content, including but not limited to text, design, graphics, interfaces and code, and the selection and arrangement thereof, is protected as a compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries.
Links to Third Party Sites.
As a convenience to users, this Site may link to other Sites owned and operated by third parties and not maintained by Medical Optics®. However, even if such third parties are affiliated with Medical Optics®, neither FARBTEK™ nor Medical Optics® has any implied control over these linked Sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices and legal policies independent from FARBTEK™ or its licensors. Medical Optics® is not responsible for the contents of any linked Sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such Sites. Viewing such third party Sites is entirely at your own risk.